Stock photography can be a great way for photographers to earn some passive income, but getting started is not as easy as just having a nice portfolio. Understanding what kind of pictures sell best, what the hot trends are, and which stock photography sites you should be focusing on, are more than half the effort. We’ve collected 14 free resources from the experts to help you kick off your stock photography career on the right foot. Bookmark, save, or pin it for later!
1. How to Sell Stock Photography – A Comprehensive Guide / Photography Spark
2. Beginners Guides / microstock insider
This thorough collection of articles and FAQs provides full coverage of the microstock photography scene and answers any questions beginners may have.
Getting your work accepted
3. Is Microstock Photography Right for You? / everything microstock
4. Microstock Agency Media Chart / everything microstock
This helpful chart lists 60+ of the internet’s most popular stock photography websites, detailing what type of media they accept.
5. Getting Your Test Photo Submission Accepted at Shutterstock and Other Stock Agencies / Konstantin Sutyagin
6. Submission Tips from a Shutterstock Veteran / Shutterstock Blog
7. The Secrets of Being Accepted into Stock Photography Sites / Beyond the Wanderlust
8. Create Better Photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for Success / Adobe
9. Stock Photography Tips to Improve Your Chances of Stock Site Success / Photography Tips and Tricks
This helpful beginners’ guide includes links to 10 photography-specific articles, such as “Travel photography tips”, “Street photography tips”, and many more.
Making money and tips from the experts
10. How Much Money can you Earn in Stock Photography? / Improve Photography
11. A Woman Who Travels the World Taking Stock Photos Tells Us How You can Make £6,000 from a Single Image / Business Insider
12. How to Sell Your Photos Online for More Cash with Less Work / The Work At Home Wife
This comprehensive guide details the percentage some stock websites will pay photographers and
13. This Photographer May be the King of the Stock-Image Business / MarketWatch
14. 10 Top Tips from a Successful Stock Photographer / 500px ISO
Get paid easily by Getty Images, iStock and others with Payoneer »