Easy and economic way to withdraw money from freelance video marketplace StringersHub
Freelancing has become a lifestyle and source of income for many content creators these days. The majority of freelance tasks go through online platforms.
StringersHub is a marketplace that connects freelance videographers and content creators with more than 800 media outlets and editors who need video content.
Freelancers have the opportunity to fulfil an order that places media on the platform or put their ready-made content for sale. Freelance videographers and reporters can film relevant news or viral videos on a professional camera or mobile phone and place it on the StringersHub platform. When a video successfully goes through moderation, it appears in the Gallery.
Video content which can be uploaded to the platform is variable: political news (protests, elections etc,), natural disasters, wild life, national events, viral videos (funny interactions with animals, children etc.). Not only professional cameramen can provide newsworthy content. Every person with a smartphone is likely to become a witness, and record an important, funny or emotional event or accident. Most of the videos in the Gallery are provided by civic journalists – eyewitnesses or so-called UGC (user-generated content) suppliers. UGC is widely used these days by the media in news reports and advertising.
It is hard to predict what content has better chances of being purchased. Each video is unique, and there are plenty of cases when accidentally shot videos reach top sells. So it is always worth trying uploading your video, taking into account that it is free.
Nevertheless, there are some recommendations on the type of content that is more likely to be noticed by the media:
- It has to be original, not downloaded from the Internet, preferably horizontal. Logos, copyrighted music, names of authors, non-authored content is not accepted.
- Most popular categories include:
- News (protests, shootings, large-scale events, celebration of worldwide or national holidays, etc.).
- Accidents (crashes, explosions etc.)
- Environment (Wild life, nature, environmental disasters)
- Lifestyle (Celebrities, educational videos, COVID etc.)
- Science &Technologies (Inventions, hi-tech)
- Natural disasters (fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes).
- Entertainment (awkward situations, fails, pranks, memes).
- Animals (exotic species of animals, crazy and funny actions of pets).
- Children and their parents (funny interaction between adults and children, funny and serious explanations).
Freelancers get paid when the media buys their videos. Platform also promotes video to reach a wider audience and maximize the opportunities of its purchase. Once video is purchased, it is stated in the report and freelancers receive a notification.
Users have the ability to withdraw money directly to the Payoneer account.
Payoneer comes as a great solution for freelancers who want to save money and get easy access to their payments.To receive payments on Payoneer, it is enough to follow a couple of simple steps:
- Register a Payoneer account. Clients with a registered account can receive the earned funds to a virtual bank account, withdraw money to an account in a local bank, or transfer to a card, including Payoneer card.
- Use your Payoneer account to receive payments from the StringersHub!
Author: Valentina Moroz, Community Manager | StringersHub
Responsible for the community growth on StringersHub platform. I have worked 5 years in international education projects to implement this experience in the sphere of uniting a wide network of people under one goal – creation of newsworthy and relevant content. I believe that information rules the world, so it has to be correct and wide-spread, this is why I am proud of being part of this process.